Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blacked Out images

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Katy

Katy

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm very much a beginner and still trying to work my way around a camera I have been lent for work purposes. I took a large number of images on the D3200 camera and only after leaving the location did I realise that about half of my pictures have come up almost completed blacked out, presumably due to the flash not being on.

DSC_0811.JPG In some, you can see a faint image so I'm wondering if there is any way to 'recover' the images or if I just have to write them off. I've attached one of the images here. 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I have posted in your other thread.

Ellinor William

Ellinor William

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Country Flag

Your camera would do the best job when it receives the good amount of light. A combination of right aperture, shutter speed, and ISO settings is a key to perfect photos. When the 3 elements are not set to the correct level, your camera will produce underexposed, dark, or black photos.

To fix black pictures issue, first check the camera settings. If you are shooting in Manual Mode, fix the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO settings. Alternatively, you can try your camera’s default Auto mode or shoot in RAW. Check out this blog to know more, Digital Camera taking Black Pictures (Solution)