Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

nikon d300 picture controls

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

brickie58

brickie58

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationwales

Hi i want to try the( old ) landscape and portrait controls on the d300 i do not have a card reader for my CFcard can i download to PC and then transfer to Nikon d300 ? i have had a go downloading from Nikon website but don't know how to get it on to d300, any help much appreciated thanks.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The D300 is the last model to support mass storage mode. If you set the camera to mass storage in the usb options, it will act as a card reader. From the D90 onwards, mass storage is no longer available. This means that if you have a D300s, you need a card reader to update firmware or Picture controls.

If you shoot in raw, you don't have to have the picture controls in the camera, you can just install them in Capture NX and apply them in post.

brickie58

brickie58

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationwales

ok thanks, re firmware should i upgrade ?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

If I remember correctly, at least one part of the update was for stability in some special case, I don't remember which. I don't remember any downside to the update(s) I have made. Make sure you have a recently charged battery and follow the instructions exactly.

brickie58

brickie58

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationwales

ok thanks merco_61