Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adapter Trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dan K

Dan K

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I am a newbie and just bought a Coolpix B700.  When preparing for a trip to Ireland I attached the European-style adapter to the AC adapter.  Both adapters came with the camera. It seems to have fit on fine but there does not seem to be a way to get it off.  If this is a permanent fixture how is one expected to recharge the battery in the States?  Can anyone straighten me out on this?  Thanks for the help.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Country Flag
While I don’t have the B700 and its AC adaptor it is likely to follow the same concept than others, i.e. it has a clip to fix the plug-side variable adaptor to the transformator in a semi-permanent way.

The reason for this semi-permanent fix is to have less different stock for the retailers, as the customer can fit the adaptor to its needs just by using the good adaptor piece.

Check the spare piece that you have - you will be easily identifying the small piece that holds the adaptor in place.
To remove the adaptor from the transformator, slight lift the clip at the place where you identified the small piece and then shift it out - but pay attention that this is not foreseen in the initial concept of this piece, so if you lift it to much - or to often - it might break.

The good way of doing is to fit the adaptor that fits your permanent needs (i.e. the one you will use at the place you are living) and using travel adaptors, as for most other electrical devices, when being abroad.

Colin B

Colin B

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPerth Western SAustralia

Thank you for this warning. I, too have just bought a NikonB700 and can see exactly what Dan's problem is. The two parts can be separated but only with some difficulty and by applying more force than I would like. A "Rubik's Cube" type multi adaptor seems to be the best option. 

When I travel I take my Rubik's cube and an Australian power board with four outlets. Because charging electronics uses little power it is quite safe and means I only need the one adaptor.