Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi there :-)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

CJH

CJH

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi there,
I’ve just upgraded from my Nikon D50 to a Nikon D7200.
Have just dabbled with photography over the years (always with Nikon’s - my first was an FM2 :-)
Going to Iceland mid March and hoping to get some good photos there.
Got a lot of learning to do with the new camera as I’ve always been a bit of an automatic setting person. (Tut!)
Need some advice on my current lenses etc, so will find that thread on here (or start a new question) and hopefully gain an insight into what’s possible with the D7200.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums.

As you browse the site, don't miss the Minichallenges... subforum. As most of us share how our weekly best photo was made, it is a great resource.

One peculiarity on the site is that we try not to give unsolicited critique, so if you want feedback on a photo, say so or post in the Critique subforum.

If you check out the One week... minichallenges, I have used my D7200 since the new year to get used to it's quirks. It is a very capable little camera once you have tailored the controls to how you want them. The key to getting the most out of it without fumbling is to shoot lots so the handling becomes second nature.

CJH

CJH

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag
Thanks Merco. Yes lots to get my head around with the D7200 but loving it already :-)

Steve M

Steve M

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Site Supporter

Thanks Merco. Yes lots to get my head around with the D7200 but loving it already :-)

Don't be afraid to ask questions.  I am a newbie myself with the same D7200   Merco has a D7200 also and  has given me lots of good tips and also others.   One thing I found resourceful is YouTube.  There I learned the majority of the shortcuts to changing the settings quickly as you do different shots.   Good Luck

CJH

CJH

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag
Thanks Steve.
Yes, have found a fairly good one on YouTube that have a good overview for the D7200 - how and what to change with the settings etc.
(Much easier than trying to plough through the manual, although it’s good as a backup).