Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is it possible to upload images edited in Nikon Software into N.Forums.com?

possiblem images nikon software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Greetings,

For the past two hours I have been testing the waters in Nikon Capture NX-D and Nikon Picture Control Utility 2.  First I changed the D200's picture quality from JPEG to RAW, took a few shots and then uploaded them into my computer.  ( I found out I didn't need to download Nikon Transfer 2, because the photos uploaded into every PPE I have).

Here are two issues:

1).  Once I am done with adjustments in RAW files,  I discovered that the same photos appear as RAW files in Photo Editor 10, however I cannot rotate RAW files in this app.  So what I have to do is to make a copy of the image in Photo Editor 10 which automatically converts the image to JPEG, sans all of my adjustments.  Meaning I have to now make the same adjustments in FastStones Image Viewer and if able, in Photo Editor 10.  Somewhat defeats its own purpose.

2).  It appears as though I am unable to transfer an image from Nikon's software into this forum directly.  Unless someone knows a way to do that.  In a nutshell, I am trying to go around Photo Editor 10 in order to upload directly into this Forum.  It seems as though Photo Editor 10 rules the roost in this house.  :((

Clear as mud?  I thought so.  That's me.  :))

Thank you very much for any assistance offered.

Regards,

Tony

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

When you are done with your edits in Capture, press Ctrl+e to export a copy. In the dialog that follows, you should be able to set the file format to .jpg and the output size and quality you want. I don't use the windows version, but that should work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: possiblem, images, nikon, software