Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Impossible to tether d3400 to Lightroom?

d3400 lightroom

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Klondike91

Klondike91

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

So I have  recently started to study in a photography program and we are starting to work on assignments in our studios.  I have been using my d3400 which has been sufficient for all the requirements of the program until today when I needed to tether my camera to lightroom classic cc. 

I have found on this list that the d3000  series does not seem to be supported by lightroom. https://helpx.adobe....a-support.html 

I have a couple questions.   

-Is there any possibility that a newer firmware for the d3xxx series has been released to resolve this?

-Do any Nikon users know of any software that does support tethered capture with the D3xxx series so I can shoot tethered and then edit in lightroom?

-And why does the d3xxx not have the feature in the first place?  I have found on that list several Nikon bodies which, like the d3xxx are cropped sensor, which like the d3xxx have no built in AF motor,  which I expect launched at similar price ranges to the d3xxx series,  which DO have the tethering capability.   Why did the d3xxx get the short stick here? 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d3400, lightroom