Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon d7500 video settings/small room question.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

THEfyn

THEfyn

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag
I have an issue with my new d7500 which I’m sure is a user issue. I am trying to film 4k video but I’m having to put the camera too far away to focus.

I have a rokinon 35mm wide angle lens and an18-105mm lens. Do I need a macro lens or is there a setting on the d7500 that is better for closer video shots?

It seems backwards. I see more of the area I want to film at 1080p. And when I up it to 4k the viewable area shrinks and I have to pull the camera back. I’m having to put the camera in the corridor outside the room I’m filming which is limiting everything.

Are my lenses wrong to do torso/face from 5 feet away at 4k? And why do I see less of the room at 4k than I do at 1080p. I don’t want to go full fish eye. I presume what I’m trying just isn’t doable with my gear but I thought I’d ask first. Small roomitis.

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada

The D7500 has a pretty heavy crop in 4k (1.5x on top of the 1.5x crop sensor for a total of 2.25x), so a 35mm lens will actually have a telephoto look with 4k (35x2.25=78.75).

Nothing you can do about it short of using wider angle lenses.