Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D7100 Memory error

nikon d7100 memory card error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

sdpsasi

sdpsasi

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
I have problem in slot 1 in Nikon D7100. the memory card was working fine, suddenly it is not accepting the memory card. so when i try to format the memory card, i'm getting the following error message "cannot format memory card. card may be defective insert another card". i have tried with different memory card in slot 1, still i'm getting the same error. so when i try to update the firmware using slot 2, the camera unable to recognize the firmware file. so could please help to resolve this issue.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The contacts in the card slot might be oxidized. You can use a piece of business card stock, cut to the shape of the end of the SD card but longer so it protrudes and gives you something to grip while cleaning. Put some De-Oxit Gold on the end and clean the contact fingers carefully.

When it comes to the firmware update, have you put the firmware file at the root of the card or is it in a folder? I am not sure if slot two works for updates, but the folder thing is a common trouble...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikon d7100, memory card error