Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

today picture of rocket launch jan 31 2018

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

to pictures of rocket launch today jan 31 2018 1/3200 sec. f/2.8 200mm iso 100 from my d5300 first gen nikon 70-200mm 6000x4000 crop down. did best i could hand held no monopod or tripod. could not find spot in photo spot where to put it. so post here. since did not know what thread it went in photo spot of forums of it

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0026.JPG

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

here good question how can i get to be less blurry and more in focus. based on what i post for my setting and since being on dx body and about 300mm do to full frame lens how can i get to be more in focus. i was about 45 mins main space center visitor complex. not sure how much more drive to launch pad. at inter coastal  part of brevard county which we call inlet do to being one of two rivers that go north and south from coast. or will not be able get a more focus picture  since to far away and going up to fast. so auto-focus or manual focus will not work since to hard to track and lock on too. 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

You can start by closing down the aperture t the sweet spot of that lens... I think that is f/6.3. To compensate for that, you will have to change your ISO to 500, which is a safe value from both noise and DR points of view with your D5300.

How much did you have to crop to get that capture? 8°10 field of view isn't that narrow compared to the ~4°5 you'd get with a 2X TC on your lens. A TC is quite usable for things like this as you have plenty of light.