Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 4 February 2018

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 4 February 2018, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style—just give us your best shot.

If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

P.S. Peter is running a fun single-lens challenge--everyone is welcome to play. Just look for the One Week, One Camera, One Lens thread in the mini-challenge forums.

P.P.S. The editing exercises are taking a break at the moment, but feel free to play around in the old exercises. 

​

bill10385

bill10385

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Country Flag

Back to the birds :-)

Osprey nest was on a light pole between sports fields.  I was shooting my sons LAX tournament with the 70-200 lens and caught the Osprey making a fly by during the game.  After the game I put on the 200-500 lens and walked over to the nest area and sat and waited until one came in for a landing.  This location is 2.5 hrs from my home but I have thought many times in the last 3 days about driving back mid-week to sit there for the entire afternoon to observe and take pictures.  Very humbling to get this close to an active nest.

Osprey landing on Nest- ISO 180, 500mm, f/5.6, 1/1600 sec

Osprey making a turn - ISO 100, 200mm, f/2.8, 1/3200 sec

Attached Thumbnails

• Osprey landing in nest - Viera Fl (1 of 1).jpg
  • Osprey Vertical (1 of 1).jpg

Steve M

Steve M

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Site Supporter

Back to the birds :-)

Osprey nest was on a light pole between sports fields.  I was shooting my sons LAX tournament with the 70-200 lens and caught the Osprey making a fly by during the game.  After the game I put on the 200-500 lens and walked over the the nest area and sat and waited until one came in for a landing.  This location is 2.5 hrs from my home but I have thought many times in the last 3 days about driving back mid-week to sit there for the entire afternoon to observe and take pictures.  Very humbling to get this close to an active nest.

Awesome!

Steve M

Steve M

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Site Supporter

Shutter 800. Aperture 8 and ISO is auto at 360

336C9452-8B5F-40AB-A871-59CBCE92FCDC.jpeg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Whoosh--you two have started this week off right! Bill, those are wonderful--the detail is phenomenal, and it looks like you have good instincts for the right moment to click, eh? Both are such dynamic images...wow. Steve, I love this wintery scene. Old relics like that one are among my favorite things to look at and photograph--I'm always captivated by the inherent mysteries in them...who built it? when? why did they leave it? what were their lives like? etc. etc. etc. Lovely composition. The red is such a fun contrast with the rest of the old ruin...

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,630 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I don't think I can top this...

28247235669_8e2d341ca1_o.jpgPES_2018-02-01_12-25-04_8mm_ by merco_61, on Flickr

Model: NIKON D7200
Lens (mm): 8 (Samyang 8/3.5 Fisheye)
ISO: 500
Aperture: 5
Shutter: 1/13
Exp. Comp.: +0.7

The roof and pillars in the main chancel in Uppsala cathedral with one of the chandeliers as a centerpiece and focus of the photo.

Steve M

Steve M

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Site Supporter

Whoosh--you two have started this week off right! Bill, those are wonderful--the detail is phenomenal, and it looks like you have good instincts for the right moment to click, eh? Both are such dynamic images...wow. Steve, I love this wintery scene. Old relics like that one are among my favorite things to look at and photograph--I'm always captivated by the inherent mysteries in them...who built it? when? why did they leave it? what were their lives like? etc. etc. etc. Lovely composition. The red is such a fun contrast with the rest of the old ruin...

Thank you Nicole.   I went back and took another photo of this barn a few days later when the sun was shining.   I don't like it as much because the frost was gone also.  You are right the red really makes this stand out.We are about the same when it comes to old buildings.  I think of the exact same things as you do.   You get into the history of it.   I took an old house from out in North Dakota I think you might like.   I  have to find and post.   I had to drive through a couple of fields to get to it.  The house sits all by itself except for a tree.  The size of the house is amazing.  Big even by today's standards.

Again thank you for your compliment.

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

What great photos this week.  This is the best I can do this week.

D750, Sigma 24-105 S f4, 24mm, .6 sec @ f22, iso 80, ND .6 filter.

Attached Thumbnails

• waterfalll b-w.jpg

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

I got something a little different. Not a photo, but a video slideshow (because the photos themselves are not that strong). This weekend myself and another photographer (well... videographer) shot a 2 day pageant. This is a slideshow I made of the day 1 activities. The girls helped promote a dog adoption day for the RSPCA, were given time playing laser tag and also given some self defense lessons (I now see how important this is). The girls are in two age groups, 13-15 (white shirts) and 16-19 (black shirts). Throughout the day we took the opportunity to get a few posed photos. Unfortunately the weather was against us and it was raining and we couldn't do the final activities (lake/boating/paddle boarding etc).

This is just the video I did up for them for the first day. I have just returned home from day 2 which was catwalk and judging day.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Hl-ZbNb_jxA

nova85

nova85

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew Lenox, Illinois

Site Supporter

The Bean in Chicago

26212659338_38c8696d58_o.jpgDSC_2556-1 by Tim Ramsay, on Flickr

26212658668_a6416d669a_o.jpgDSC_2539-1 by Tim Ramsay, on Flickr

In keeeping with the reflection theme this is me on the train into Chicago

28306467609_8dc279899c_o.jpgIMG_1044-1 by Tim Ramsay, on Flickr

Zed750Jay

Zed750Jay

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag
1818c78c86a880005988c0b2340e1c8e.jpg

Team Work

From today, D80 with a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 Lens and I hate to say in 'Sport Mode' as I was precariously stood in a stream and trying to also control my own RC car! Will try better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

Mine are on film the last couple of weeks. 2 rolls processed and just need to get them scanned . The scanner is in a room the is closed off to keep wife's cats out. With the temps so low lately I haven't felt like scanning. I need a coat on to stay in there very long. Hopefully this week I will "get r done" and posted.

sunshine

sunshine

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationVirginia

I didn't get much camera time last week.  I did capture a nice sunset followed the next morning by an awesome sunrise.  In either case I can only see it through the forest unless I drive somewhere more open.  Since I didn't do that, here's a sunrise through the trees.

25149768347_0ebdf6af1d_b.jpg

sunrise 2/1/2018 by Mark, on Flickr

D810, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 @ 70mm, f/2.8, 1/125", ISO 64

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,527 posts
  • Country Flag
Sunrise in the swiss alps

5f2341d3cb26aa21f45f40687dee0ad2.jpg
D610 Tamron 70-200/2.8

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,517 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

The Crimson Tide.  Sort of a Post Holiday Upload.  This celebrates that little known Holiday called: " Festivus, for the rest of us."  :)))))

Taken with: Nikon D200 body and AFNikkor 18~70mm Lens.

1/640s, F/4.5, ISO 100, Focal Length 70mm, no flash and used CWA Metering with Manual Exposure Mode.

Thanks for viewing.

TT

Attached Thumbnails

• _VE09733.JPG