Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

nikon d300 and centon 500mm lens

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

brickie58

brickie58

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationwales

As above can I use this lens on the d300? as ive been offered one free I know the reviews are not that good on this lens.Thanks 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,646 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

If it is in Nikon Ai mount it should work. Don't expect too much from a cheap cat, though. Make sure that you get the clear filter that is mounted in the rear of the lens. Without it, the distance scale will be off and you can get even weirder backgrounds than usual if it works anything like the more expensive cats.

brickie58

brickie58

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationwales

If it is in Nikon Ai mount it should work. Don't expect too much from a cheap cat, though. Make sure that you get the clear filter that is mounted in the rear of the lens. Without it, the distance scale will be off and you can get even weirder backgrounds than usual if it works anything like the more expensive cats.

thanks again, are you the only one on forum haha. Managed to find the d300 manual, in menu under non cpu lenses, yes 3 n d filters with it, will try it and see. its free so nothing to lose.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,646 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I am far from the only one, but I am one of the more active members.

Wayben

Wayben

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationIowa

Site Supporter

Merco is too humble.  He's the one with all the answers.

Tomwlkjr

Tomwlkjr

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth Carolina Coast

Merco is too humble.  He's the one with all the answers.

I agree!