Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D850 Battery Type in Setup Menu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

fdormoy

fdormoy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCanada, Quebec, Piedmont

In my D850, as I said I have battery issues having a very short time and being antiped overnight even if the camera is off.

I noted also that in the SETUP MENU, in MD-D18 battery type, the option by default was LR6 ((AA alkaline) whereas other options were AA Ni-MH or AA lithium).  Would that be the origin of the problem ?

What to choose between AA Ni-MH or lithium ?  My battery is EN-EL15a 1900mAh 14 Wh.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

When you use the EN-EL series of batteries in your camera, it doesn't matter what you set the AA type to as the original batteries have a chip that talks to the body and sets the correct type automatically.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I believe all of those are also options for the motor base if you have one...

fdormoy

fdormoy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCanada, Quebec, Piedmont

Yes.  I realised this after having sent my post.  But nevertheless, my D850 is really scrap.  I have lots of problems with setting not being saved, control paneil ligthed even if I turn it off, Screen display not displaying the photo I just took (showing another photo), in Speed Mode, not being able to set higher than 250. and many other problems.  I tried to reset setting to factory origin and this did not work.  I am on vacation in the Caribbean for a while and when back to Canada I really need to send it back to Nikon.  I am wondering how many people have had these problems with the new D850..???