Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Metz 45 CT4

metz digital ttl

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Bronwydd

Bronwydd

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I've recently acquired a Metz 45 CT-4 hammerhead flash kit complete with NiCad and alkaline battery packs, a mains adaptor coloured gels etc. There are a number of leads , including one marked SCA 371, which I believe is the dedicated one for Pentax. 

I can use it off camera with a wireless slave, but am interested in trying it with a TTL lead. One I have seen advertised is the SCA 346 2 AF which I believe is the Nikon equivalent. 

Does anyone have any experience of using one of these with a Nikon DSLR?  - I use a D600

Thanks

Dave Russell

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I don't think the CT-4 supports iTTL. The CL-4 has lots of added electronics to handle the metering preflash. This means that the CT-4 is thyristor auto or manual only.

Bronwydd

Bronwydd

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

It does show a TTL mode on the dial, but from its age was wondering what functions would would work with the latest Nikons that use the iTTL

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It only supports the old type of TTL that doesn't use a preflash to meter. I have a number of old Metz 60 and 40 flashes that I use with radioslaves as manual accent flashes in the studio. The old SCA 300 and SCA 3000 flashes worked as well as the then current Nikon units, but they were easier to use as the menu system is less cryptic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metz, digital, ttl