Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D3400 won't turn off, mode dial won't work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

trxshmouth

trxshmouth

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm an amateur concert photographer on tour with a band that I also play in. I was taking photos the other night and my camera was knocked out of my hands and hit the floor (my strap had broken the day before at another gig). I don't know a ton about the camera itself, I've only been shooting since October 2017.

Now there are just a couple issues. The camera will no longer turn OFF. Aside from taking the battery out, the camera stays on and is able to shoot regardless where the switch is. That's obviously an issue.

The second issue, my mode dial will no longer let me choose any priority or manual modes. If I start turning the dial on the camera counter-clockwise, once I get to AUTO, the physical dial will continue to turn, but the digital on screen mode selector won't continue turning, and after the first click, it'll start to go clockwise, against the direction of the physical dial. It only let's me go back and forth between night portrait and auto.

There haven't been any camera repair shops near where we've been playing, and I don't even know if I'd be able to afford repairs before we get back from tour. I'm just trying to see if there's anything I might be able to do in attempts to fix the issue before tour is over.

Thanks for your help!

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Sounds like your best bet is to send it to Nikon for repair...