Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is the background history of this site being born?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Perhaps I am just inquisitive by nature, but perhaps there are others in the forum who like myself would like to hear how this site got off the ground. What was the catalyst that led to it being put together and how long did it take from concept being identified ot the site coming on air?

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

Yes, I'm curious about that too. 

Doesn't Nikon already have a forum? Or is this it?

DCB

DCB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationFL

It's much better than the "other" Nikon page!

Peace

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

The person who started this site, Adam, has a very successful forum that's been ongoing for years, Pentax Forum - Camera & Photography Community - PentaxForums.com

It's very similar to this, very popular, and at any one time, there will be 1,000's of members online.  I've been a member there since 2009, as I primarily used Pentax since the late 90's.

As far as getting this site going and what it took, you'd have to ask Adam that.

the swede

the swede

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Country Flag

Adam did great work, the history is short and simple, he wanted Nikon users to have the same kind of forum as the Pentax users. And Pentax Forums has a lot of Nikon user to. 

Maybe some of the old Pentax folks over there became a little grumpy feeling offended  :lol:  And they are very easy to offend or insult even if you dont mean to... (im joking, being sarcastic, but there are some little amount truth to it  B) )

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Well done and thanks to Adam the Admin!