Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Puppy For Christmas.

puppy christmas

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

report.gif
Lens: Pentax-M 100mm 1:4 Macro Lens Camera: Pentax k-50 Photo Location: Home ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture:F8

Focal Length @ 100mm, Manual Exposure Mode, Used Built-In Flash with CWA Metering. I might have a little too much whole grain in this one. I did some Noise Reduction and cannot figure out why so much Noise at only ISO 100. Perhaps the fast shutter speed with a flash.

Thanks for viewing.

TT

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP3160.JPG

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

It's an adorable shot, Tony, despite the noise. Nicely captured. Given your settings, the noise is a mystery to me too. What is your RAW/JPG setting? Have you perhaps accidentally set it to low/small? (I'm not sure how those are labeled on Pentax...I'm not actually sure how they are labeled on Nikon either because I set mine to RAW and leave it.)

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,517 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

It's an adorable shot, Tony, despite the noise. Nicely captured. Given your settings, the noise is a mystery to me too. What is your RAW/JPG setting? Have you perhaps accidentally set it to low/small? (I'm not sure how those are labeled on Pentax...I'm not actually sure how they are labeled on Nikon either because I set mine to RAW and leave it.)

Hi Nicole,

I believe the problem is a digital filter.  I am always on JPEG as I really have trouble in Photo Editor 10 with RAW.  I will have to follow up on this one and hopefully discover the reason for the miscue.  Many thanks,  Tony

esrandall

esrandall

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSumner, WA

Not sure if it was your intention (noise) but I like it.  Gives it a nostalgic feel.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
Tony,

hasn’t this picture already been used by
https://www.freedogl...kerSpaniel-Ohio

As the photographer you must be proud of your work.

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,517 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Tony,

hasn’t this picture already been used by
https://www.freedogl...kerSpaniel-Ohio

As the photographer you must be proud of your work.

Hi Jerry.  Thanks very much for pointing that out.  We have had this photo in a frame in our home for quite some time.  I failed to mention that it is a Photo Reproduction.  I did not intend to pawn it off as being my own.  I will be more careful in the future.  Thanks again,  Tony

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

The photo has a nice 40's-50's glow to it, I like it.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

hasn’t this picture already been used by…

How were you aware of that Jerry?
Are you a Spaniel owner?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: puppy, christmas