Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Scottboarding

Scottboarding

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello and happy new year everyone!

I am a very proud owner of a Nikon FM2n that I use almost every day of my life, as well as a Nikon FE which is my dedicated black and white camera. I joined this forum in hopes to learn more about Nikon full frame cameras as shooting so much film is getting very expensive! I look forward to learning more, and joining a great community!

- Scott

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, Scott!

What are your plans going forward? Buying used or new? What lenses do you have already? What are your main photographic interests? Some cameras are better for some types of photography than others.

Scottboarding

Scottboarding

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Welcome to the forums, Scott!

What are your plans going forward? Buying used or new? What lenses do you have already? What are your main photographic interests? Some cameras are better for some types of photography than others.

I definitely plan on buying used. Right now I'm looking at the D700, as it's in my price range, and I've heard great things about the viewfinder. I currently own a Nikkor 50mm f1.4 Ai, Nikkor 28mm f1.8 AIS, and a Voigtlander 40mm f2 SLii. My main photography interest is really broad. I typically go on walks through nearby downtowns and shoot whatever I find interesting. I'm really not looking at anything too fancy. I've been using my FM2n as my main camera for a year now, so I don't need any special features. I'm really just looking for a full frame camera to use with my lenses; no need for crazy features.