Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Focus Points Missing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Steve M

Steve M

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Site Supporter

I am not sure if this is an issue or not but thought I would ask. I am on my second D7200. My first broke and it was going to take three weeks to get repaired and the company I bought it from gave me a new one.

My first one when focusing on things if I slightly moved you could see the focus points flashing around. I use the AFC and D9. My newer camera does not do this and I believe I am missing shots because of it. On the new one if I use the scene mode then it will do it every so often. Did I mess with a setting or something? I even restored back to factory settings but I get the same results. This is important to me because I do shoot moving targets such as Bald Eagles. When pushing the AF button in I see the 9 points when shooting I only see the center one with no signs of the others show8ng up or flashing.

In the Photo Shooting menu 51 is selected