Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Canon Super Telephoto

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Check out this "toy" 

Canon Super Tele

I'm thinking it might be a bit big to hand hold...worst case you need a REALLY good monopod  :lol: !

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I have a hard enough time using my 150–600...I can't even imagine...

So what in the world would a lens like that be used for? I could see military uses for it, and the article did mention that it could work for space. Hm. I would like to look through it at least once. :)

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Yes...that would be interesting...While I never got to see the lens, I do remember seeing a lens case that was about 15 inches or so in diameter and over 5 feet tall when I managed to get a tour of the Washington Post Photo Offices.  I don't even remember the focal length, but I remember the person giving the tour said the last time it was used before our visit was several years prior when the Pope conduced an outdoor Mass on the Mall in Washington DC.  

I think the article said over 220 pounds so you would pretty much need a team of people to get it in place and up on whatever type of support that it comes with.  

I was trying to figure out the focal length of the lens I saw and stumbled upon this "little lens" which I would love to try if anyone happens to have one...I'm pretty sure it would be too much reach for sports, but I'm sure I can find something to shoot with it...

Wayben

Wayben

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationIowa

Site Supporter

You'd have to take it up on the blimp and shoot sports from there, lol.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

You'd have to take it up on the blimp and shoot sports from there, lol.

not sure if blimp will be able to hold it. might get crash like Hindenburg.

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,520 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

"And now ladies and germs, on sale for a low, low, $50,000.00".  I wonder if they would take my Canon EOS Rebel t5 in trade.

This lens is even larger than the equipment used on the U2 Spy plane, which was 4500mm.  That's life in the big city.

Great article.  Thanks @ 5200mm.

Tony