Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5500 flash commander

flash commander

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

santeron

santeron

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationEdinburgh

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a Metz 52 AF-1 Digital Flashgun for my D5500, only to find out that my camera cannot act as a commander. The possible solutions I've come across are to either upgrade the body or buy a transmitter. Upgrading the body feels like an expensive solution for my experience and usage. Therefore I'm considering various commanders for Nikon. Nikon's SU-800 is fairly expensive. I'm leaning towards the Nissin Air 1 which is fairly cheap. I don't know if the transmitter is going to work with my flash and I'm not sure how to figure that out anyway. Any input will be greatly appreciated :)

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

This transciever set is quite a bit cheaper and works with full iTTL using both original and third-party flashguns. https://www.amazon.c...=Yongnuo YN622N

The Nissin unit needs a reciever to mount to the flash unless you use a Nissin flash as well.

santeron

santeron

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationEdinburgh
I had a feeling that was the case with the Nissin, but couldn't figure it out. Thanks for your help :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flash, commander