Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Failure of WT-4's

failure wt-4 no power

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

ccbphotography

ccbphotography

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I need urgent help/advice. Over the past 3 weeks, I have had several WT-4's fail in the same way. Which is, when you try to turn them on, nothing happens, a complete dead stick. I have tried both battery and mains power adapter with now effect. We are using other WT-4's in other locations and they are working fine. The configuration of the ones that are working is that they are battery powered and connecting via wifi and are used outdoors. The ones that are failing and battery powered, hard wire network connected, WITHOUT antenna's (as these keep getting broken) and they are outdoors but undercover.

Has anyone got any ideas or had any experience of similar WT-4's failures such as these? I would be grateful for any help ASAP.

Regards

Chris B

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Is there provisions for PoE in the network? The WT-4 should be robust enough to stand this, but if there is an overvoltage it might fry something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: failure, wt-4, no power