Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D7200 memory card slots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

gunnerhedge

gunnerhedge

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've just changed my setup to raw on card on slot 1 and jpeg on the card in slot 2. When I insert the card from slot 2 they are still showing as nef files on my mac? Is this correct or should they now have the jpeg extension?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve M

Steve M

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Site Supporter

I've just changed my setup to raw on card on slot 1 and jpeg on the card in slot 2. When I insert the card from slot 2 they are still showing as nef files on my mac? Is this correct or should they now have the jpeg extension?

Are you getting the jpg on the card for slot 2 also?   What do you see for files on slot 1.   I have the D7200 and sometimes I forget to put the card back in slot 2.  So slot one ends up with both NEF and JPG.  I guess what I am getting at is is your camera recognizing the card in slot 1

gunnerhedge

gunnerhedge

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Both slots appear to be writing the same nef files, just thought it was a bit strange that slot 2 is not writing jpegs. Not a major issue just wondered if it was something obvious.

Steve M

Steve M

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Site Supporter

Both slots appear to be writing the same nef files, just thought it was a bit strange that slot 2 is not writing jpegs. Not a major issue just wondered if it was something obvious.

I think it is a major issue. That camera should do it as mine does. My camera is at work otherwise I would look around on the settings. If get time tomorrow I will check.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Is your software on the mac set to show raw and jpg separately? Otherwise it will not show the .jpg at all if you import them to the same directory. Check in Finder if they are there.

gunnerhedge

gunnerhedge

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I hadn't thought of that, I'll have to check and find out

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Agree with Peter - also it would not hurt to confirm that you have the cards set to write RAW to one and JPEG to the other...there are two settings, one to determine RAW, JPEG or both and one to determine how cards are written to (backup, overflow or one to each).  

After confirming that, it might be worth doing a test with two freshly formatted cards to confirm things are working properly...