Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D610 authentication question.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Zakion

Zakion

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi,
Just looking for a bit of guidance with a wee xmas prezzie i got my otherhalf. Ive recently just got a D610 for my better half for xmas. Got it from amazon market seller, wasnt signifigantly cheaper than other places. Anyways I got it delivered and opened up. I think everything was within the box except a warranty card but i think thats just the newer models that have that. My main concern is making sure its genuine. Ive been told that if you take a photo with an overview setting then it will have the serial number on it that should match the exterior one. My main issue is i dont have a lens as another family member is getting that so cant check. Ive connected the camera to the pc and in properties of the camera the serial number matchies the exterior so i think i got a genuine. Im just being over cautious due to the price of the camera and the serial number on the box it came from was removed.

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the camera, but if it wasn't purchased from an authorized seller it won't have any warranty coverage.  That sounds like it may be the case if you didn't pay the official price.