Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5100 photos suddenly have a yellow/brown tint

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

srwallace75

srwallace75

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
Help! I have been using my Nikon D5100 for about 6 years now. Bought it when it was the hot model. Has always worked fine. Until this week. All of a sudden my photos have a deep yellow/brown tint to them, regardless of how wide an aperture, how slow a shutter speed or even with my flash. Nothing changes the exposure. I have tried three different lenses. All the same situation.

Everything appears fine on my LCD preview, everything looks fine through my viewfinder, but when I go to upload the photos to my computer, every picture is dark. The only exception is a few pictures I took with my fixed 50mm, which you could actually see, but still with a yellowish tint. I hope this is just a settings issue and not an equipment problem, but I have tried changing all the settings I thought would be creating the problem.

I reset my white balance, cleaned the sensor, changed active D lighting on and off again, etc. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Did you try a reset of the camera?  Raw or JPEG?  Could you post an example?  The more info you can provide the better!

srwallace75

srwallace75

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Raw. I'm a little scared to reset it. Yes, I will upload an example shortly. 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I understand that!    It might also help to know what tool you normally use for post processing...

srwallace75

srwallace75

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

I use Adobe Lightroom, only when needed. This time it's the only reason any of these photos were salvageable. I lifted the exposure and adjusted the warmth so the photos weren't unrecognizable. This is why it's odd to me. All my exposure settings were where they needed to be on the camera, yet when the photo took it's like all those settings were ignored, but because the photo was raw I could (mostly) take the photo back to where it needed to be. 

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I would suggest trying a new memory card. I've had cards go bad and exhibit similar problems. If a new card doesn't remedy the situation, I'd give the old two button reset a try.

--Ron