Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CF Card Download Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Throttleblip

Throttleblip

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I just sold my Nikon D800 and kept the CF card, but I forgot to download some good pics I had on that CF card.  My question is:  Can I insert that CF card in an old Nikon D300 (the D300 also has a CF slot) and download the pics from my old D300 to my computer?

Just to be clear, I DO NOT have an independent CF card reader to plug-in to my computer to download the pics; I have to download from a camera to the computer. 

Thanks!       

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

If you put the card in the other camera and connect it via USB, yes, you will be able to access the files as if the card was directly connected to your PC.

MJL

MJL

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationThe Canadian wet coast

Site Supporter

I think your D300 can read any CF card up to 32G size.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

If you set the D300 to mass storage mode, it works exactly like a card reader. It is the last Nikon to have that capability.

Throttleblip

Throttleblip

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

thnaks to all!!!

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

I'd strongly recommend getting a card reader for future use - they're generally pretty cheap if you don't want anything too fancy, and sometimes can read from a card where a camera gives up. You can get SD, CF, and three or four other common slots into a unit about the size of a pack of playing cards, the one I currently use is also a 3-port USB hub.