Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

has any one here used nikon image space.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

not sure if this good idea for post and hold images or be better to get another photo sharing site. tips on this site or just get another photo hosting site to use. 

nikonimagespace.com

Laurie in Maine

Laurie in Maine

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMaine

I had not heard of this and visited the link yesterday for a quick look. I figured it was a pay-for service but it seems to be free. I wonder if the pictures are resized for sharing on forums such as this. I've tested the gallery here but you have to resize before uploading. I know just enough tech to be dangerous/get myself into trouble so I have no opinion yet. At face value it looks like a perk for Nikon owners (now open to non-nikon users) from what I found on first google search adding word "review" :))

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Laurie, if you register your Nikon camera on Image Space... and, I admit I have no idea how that's accomplished, you get additional disk space. Used to be 20GB more. I'm not sure if that's still the case though.

--Ron

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It is an upgrade to 20 GB, not 20 more. To get the updated storage, just create a Nikon ID select your camera model and input the serial number.

• Ron likes this

Laurie in Maine

Laurie in Maine

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMaine

I wasn't sure if the extra space came by registering your camera with Nikon - which I did when my D5500 was all shiny and new Christmas before last :) Or if it needed to be re-registered for a separate account.

Last year I got a new laptop and this year was going to be Lightroom... my 3 year plan. But I hate renting things by the month so that's not going to happen.

Don't know that I "need" much more space just for the sake of storing/sharing. Extra passwords and accounts to remember!

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

It is an upgrade to 20 GB, not 20 more. To get the updated storage, just create a Nikon ID select your camera model and input the serial number.

I stand corrected. Thanks, Peter.

--Ron

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall
I signed up to it a while back - but I have absolutely no idea what it does! :D

Laurie in Maine

Laurie in Maine

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMaine

It doesn't seem to have the functionality that the gallery albums even here on this forum offers - such as multiple sizes to choose from when sharing; or basic editing tools like Flickr has. The album cover stretched across the top of one I named Sunsets looks nice though :)

Edited because I wasn't sure the link I posted to the album was allowing access to my account or if it was just showing upload ability to me because I was still logged in?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Flickr is still one of the most BBS friendly hosting sites as it permits hotlinking and supports generating BBCode in a simple way. I mostly use the gallery space on this site for posting here as I have unlimited gallery space as a Premium member.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

Flickr is still one of the most BBS friendly hosting sites as it permits hotlinking and supports generating BBCode in a simple way. I mostly use the gallery space on this site for posting here as I have unlimited gallery space as a Premium member.

but flicker just change rules on that site. your only allowed up 1000 free photo's or pay like $50 dollars year to have unlimited space now. i like nikon since free and use  for college sports and other stuff show off my work. when i get way better and have funds will get flicker account. also can store full raw or jpg files on it. it reads all nikon raw files so it show the pictures.