Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best backpack to hold 4 lens

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast
I have backpack that holds lens and camera. But buttom half is camera bag upper part is full backpack. Where have to tip bag backwards to get to camera bag i want back pack where can open bag where shows all camera and lenses and have small pouch to hold labtop too.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Most of the name brands make traditional camera backpacks with a laptop sleeve. Lowepro make it easy as they have the bagfinder where you enter the equipment you want to carry and get a list of bags that work for that loadout. With Tamrac, Thinktank, Vanguard or Crumpler you will have to guess a bit, but the documentation for each model make it relatively easy.

When shopping for a backpack, I would recommend that you get one from a store where you can try how it fits both your back and your gear.

Cjtamu

Cjtamu

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStraddling the border b/w Wisdom and Infirmity
I looked at several different brands including Lowepro. I went with the Miggo Agua stormproof and I love it. Comes in two different sizes for DX or FX cameras. Kim has a Ruggard that's very nice and a little bigger than mine, but it doesn't have the quick draw.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

My daily backpack is an old Tamrac Aero 85 that has room for lunch and a rain jacket in the top compartment, 2 speedlights, 1 gripped body with lens and 3 more lenses if needed in the camera compartment with the camera accessible without putting the bag on the ground and a 15" MacBook Pro in the laptop sleeve. Unfortunately, it is out of production. My expedition backpack is a Tamron Anvil 27, where I can pack 2 bodies, 105/4 MicroNikkor, 180/2.8, 300/2.8 and 500/4, a normal zoom, speedlights and a focusing rail for transport and when on location, I have some lens pouches and Molle clips on the feet of the heavy lenses so I don't have to dig in the bag for lenses when I need them. The Anvil series doubles as a Molle harness when worn.

Cjtamu

Cjtamu

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStraddling the border b/w Wisdom and Infirmity

Peter, is the Aero 85 similar to the Miggo with the rolltop upper compartment? I know Miggo was formed by some designers from Tamrac and I can't remember the other right now. It's one of the things I really like about that pack. Ipad Air slips in, then can put lunch, spare clothes, whatever in the top compartment and roll it up. And I like the fact it's extremely weather resistant without the need for an external cover.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

The Aero bags were more traditional than the Miggo. B&H have the side up still even if the bags are discontinued.

https://www.bhphotov...Speed_Pack.html

They are very weather resistant, in spite of the zippers.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Peter,

Are the 300 f2.8 and the 500 f4 the ones you said you would send to me for an unlimited free trial?

Hopefully you got my address via PM.  I just wish you wouldn't insist on paying the shipping too!

:P   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :rolleyes:

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Peter,

Are the 300 f2.8 and the 500 f4 the ones you said you would send to me for an unlimited free trial?

Hopefully you got my address via PM.  I just wish you wouldn't insist on paying the shipping too!

:P   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :rolleyes:

Unfortunately not :P , they are 2.6 kg of back-breaking 300 Ai'd and 3 kg of equally back-breaking 500 Ai-P. I don't use them much as they are a bit on the heavy side and manual focus. I use them more on film than on digital. I wish I could justify replacing the 300 with a modern counterpart, even if the current one is even heavier...