Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking at Neewer Speed Flash and have a couple questions.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Bronco-Jeff

Bronco-Jeff

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag

I started looking and it seemed that Neewer 750II TTL Flash Speedlite with LCD Display for $50.00  then I see the Neewer PRO i-TTL FlashDeluxe Kit  for $73.00.  Dont want to short change myself, but dont want to hwaste $23.00 on stuff I dont need. 

Any assistance would be greatlty appreciated.

BTW...this is going on a D3400

Thanks.

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

Exact same flash, just one comes with extra stuff. Now how useful is that extra stuff....

Trigger - Useful and something you will need to use this of camera. Possibly worth the $23 price difference alone.

The cables are essentially useless (they have a purpose but unless you know what, you are unlikely to have a need for them). The diffusors are worth about $5 if that.

I will just state Neewer have an average reputation at best. Cheap and fairly unreliable products. You essential get what you are paying for. They don't actually make anything either, just rebadge other products. For cheaper speed light I'd recommend Yongnuo. Might cost a little more but they are a known product with a fairly wide user base. PLus the USA distributor is very helpful and has great service (as I've been told). https://yongnuousa.n...ompatible-items

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,631 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I agree with Darryl above.

The Yongnuo units cost a bit more, but they are sturdy and dependable compared to the offerings from Neewer. A radio trigger is good to have, but you *must* be able to trust it.

• Ron likes this

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

I use the Yongnuo YN568EX, no problems or complaints.

Bronco-Jeff

Bronco-Jeff

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag

What about the Altura AP-n1001. It also had great write ups. 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,631 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The problem with most of the cheap or cheapish speedlights is that the quality varies so much and there is no agent who stands behind the products, so a warranty replacement or repair means a lot of hassle. The exceptions seem to be Yongnuo and Godox. I don't use third-party speedlights myself, except some old Metz 45-s I use with film but I have several friends who have tried to go cheap and have had to buy twice.

Bronco-Jeff

Bronco-Jeff

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks, 

Jeff