Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Refurbished lens focussing problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

PebblzNnutz

PebblzNnutz

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlaska

Site Supporter

I just bought a refurbished 200-500 5.6 VR lens that doesn't want to focus to infinity. It focusses fine when I manually go past infinity though, just not when it's prefocussed on objects nearby. So far I have tried changing the setting modes on the lens, autofocus on the body continuous and single, single point and D9. I changed the shutter button from AF-C and AF-S to focus priority and it won't take a photo of far objects but it does after I go past the infinity mark then autofocusing. All my other lenses focus fine at infinity. Is there any other settings I can try that I haven't thought of yet that would help in getting the lens to focus at infinity?

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I don't have the lens, but I think that lens has a focus "limiter" that can limit the range it searches for good focus...do you hear it trying to find focus and then fail?  Something worth checking for anyway...

PebblzNnutz

PebblzNnutz

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlaska

Site Supporter

It does have a focus limiter. I tried all possible combinations of settings that are on the lens and a few on the body. None of them worked until I cleaned the contacts on the lens and body but, it didn't last very long. It's currently on the way back to the seller for a refund.