Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5100 + YONGNUO YN465 FLASH .. WHAT REMOTE?

d5100 flash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

IanB

IanB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationArbroath, Scotland.

Site Supporter

Hi folks, i was gifted the Yongnuo YN465 speedlight flash to go with my D5100, and for all the times i have used it i find it works really well for a brand i had never seen before.  But, i now want to use it off camera and am struggling to find a wireless hotshoe trigger system that will work well between the two.  I can find wireless flash triggers no problem but cant find one that says it will definitely work with this flash.  

I thought i might be lucky and find someone here who could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ian. 

Stas

Stas

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Country Flag

I am not sure but flash system is the same for all Nikon cameras. So I think you can take any remote compatible with Nikon.

IanB

IanB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationArbroath, Scotland.

Site Supporter

Cheers Stas, i kinda thought that might be the case if it was a Nikon Flash, but was not sure if it would be true if i mixed brands but the more i think about it i has to be doesn't it,

Thanks for the reply,

Ian.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d5100, flash