Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lens squeaks in live view

live view squeak squeak live view auto focus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Therese

Therese

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi there,

I have a Nikon D7200 which is just over a year old, and a 16-85 lens that I got with the camera. 

When I use the live view, my lenses (all Nikkor) start squealing/squeaking while using auto focus. As soon as I turn live view off, the problem disappears. Around Christmas last year, my 16-85 lens started getting more and more squeaky, and not only while using live view. About a month ago, the auto focus stopped working completely on the lens. At the same time, I bought another lens, a 17-35. It worked perfectly and focused without any sound while auto focusing and using live view, but now it has started squealing when using live view. And of course I am worried it will go down the same road as my 16-85 and that auto focus will stop working altogether. And I have feeling that it might be the camera which somehow is causing the issue rather than both lenses having the same problem. 

Does anyone have any thought or info on this?

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: live view squeak, squeak, live view, auto focus