Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New To Nikon World

full frame low light architecture landscape

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

janabi79

janabi79

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Dear Friends , 

i am New in Nikon World . 

i used to work with Canon Full frame , canon 6D ( entry level in canon Full frame with good performance in low light conditions ) 

So .. 

after reading many articles through the web about the great performance for Nikon Full Frame cameras in Dynamic Range and other great features .. 

i decided to sell the Canon Set i have and buy New Nikon Full Frame 

However , since i am new in the Nikon World , i need your advise and support which camera will be suitable for my photography style ?

i shot architecture , cityscapes in blue hour time below is link to my website so you have an ideas about which photography i do in-order to advise , 

http://janabiphotography.com

as budget wise i can buy the Nikon Flagship one D 850 . 

But i need an advise which is the better in such photography style ? low light conditions ? 

appreciate your kind support 

Janabi 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

So, you have the budget for a D850. Do you have the budget for a set of f/1.4 or f/1.8 primes as well? The new sensor in the D850 seems to be even more demanding than the D810 and needs modern primes or the f/2.8 pro-calibre zooms to perform at it's best.

For low-light, the f/1.4 primes make it easier to see how you frame things and the difference in speed is greater than the 2/3 step wide open in practical use as they give full contrast already @f/1.6 and the f/1.8 versions do best stopped down to f/2.5.

If your budget don't stretch to both, I would get the best glass possible and get a D750 body for now as it is *very* capable in low-light.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: full frame, low light, architecture, landscape