Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 1 October 2017

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 1 October 2017, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style—just give us your best shot.

If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

P.S. The editing exercises are taking a break at the moment, but feel free to play around in the old exercises. 

P.P.S. Peter is running a fun single lens challenge that we are all invited to participate in. Look for the "One week, one camera, one lens" challenge.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,632 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Today I didn't get out with the camera for my customary walk either at lunch or after work, so nothing in the One week... challenge. I did shoot a still life of the prep for dinner jaffles.

gallery_1251_617_320640.jpg

Model: NIKON D700
Lens (mm): 35 (AF-S Nikkor 35/1.8 ED)
ISO: 200
Aperture: 1.8
Shutter: 1/60
Picture control: D2X Mode 3

Lighting is one SB-910 camera right and a white reflector camera left to lighten the shadows slightly. I chose a shallow DOF to focus on the cheeses.

The subject matter is the ingredients for some very Italian jaffles.

Whole grain toast bread, fried pancetta, grated pecorino and parmesan in equal amounts, bocconcini, diced mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and a mix of butter and margarine to coat the iron and give a crispy crust.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I have to hit you with phone pix again this week - at least for now...I have been told that I will be able to shoot an event this weekend and am hoping to do it, but I don't have lots of details yet so we shall see :) . If all goes well I will have some sailing shots to share...

Hopefully you saw my additional image of the sunset from last week.  I pointed out the "kayak" dock was slightly under water because of winds blowing the water in the "wrong" direction...as Maria got closer and the winds picked up, the water level continued to rise as you can see below...

IMG_2813.JPG

IMG_5150.JPG

IMG_4586.JPG

This was pretty close to the peak of water - about 2.5 feet above normal levels.  We ended up with maximum wind gusts around 50mph or so and virtually no rain...we got lucky again!

Meanwhile back in beautiful downtown Oriental, North Carolina, our dock runneth over...

IMG_1506.JPG

The water is still about 1-1.5 feet above normal levels and the northeast winds are predicted through next Tuesday.  We can see the top of the kayak dock again (and its dry!) but we don't expect levels to drop too much until the winds drop or change direction!

I have always followed weather - for some reason it has always interested me - but it is amazing how much I have learned and how much more I have followed it now that we have a house on the water!

Well, I just did a preview and it seems my portrait images are lying on their sides!  Not sure why as that has never happened to me before...

bill10385

bill10385

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Country Flag

d7500, Nikkor 18-140mm, 18 mm, ISO 50, 13 sec, f/16

Goal was to use a long exposure to get sheen on water and blur on fountain.  Taken at 7:15PM at just about true sunset.

Attached Thumbnails

• Sunset, Isle's Fountain-1.jpg

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,517 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Today I didn't get out with the camera for my customary walk either at lunch or after work, so nothing in the One week... challenge. I did shoot a still life of the prep for dinner jaffles.

gallery_1251_617_320640.jpg

Model: NIKON D700
Lens (mm): 35 (AF-S Nikkor 35/1.8 ED)
ISO: 200
Aperture: 1.8
Shutter: 1/60
Picture control: D2X Mode 3

Lighting is one SB-910 camera right and a white reflector camera left to lighten the shadows slightly. I chose a shallow DOF to focus on the cheeses.

The subject matter is the ingredients for some very Italian jaffles.

Whole grain toast bread, fried pancetta, grated pecorino and parmesan in equal amounts, bocconcini, diced mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and a mix of butter and margarine to coat the iron and give a crispy crust.

I have to be honest with you sir.  Of all those tempting ingredients, the one I love the most is the:  Nikon D700.  Thanks.  Tony

Taken with Pentax k-50 and Takumar F 70~210mm Lens.

1/125s, F/9, ISO 200, Manual Exposure Mode, No flash and used CWA Metering.

Thanks for viewing.

TT

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1074.JPG

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,517 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Thank you very much.

TT

sunshine

sunshine

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationVirginia

I had to switch lenses from the one week, one camera challenge for some wide angle shots today.  Harsh midday light didn't help any here, but these two are my favorites this week.

37159896070_c901b7c3ea_b.jpg

fishing by Mark, on Flickr

D810, Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 @ 44mm, f/11, 1/125", ISO 72

37159894690_30f0e8c69c_b.jpg

cattails by Mark, on Flickr

D810, Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 @ 24mm, f/22, 1/125", ISO 160

Cjtamu

Cjtamu

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStraddling the border b/w Wisdom and Infirmity

Playing catch up. From the Painted Churches ride Kim and I did in Schulenburg, Texas September 30. Like Sunshine, I had to deviate from the single lens for a couple of wide shots. This was one.

37246790280_070e23d976_b.jpgDSC_0045 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Okay, added one more because it's the only other I shot with this lens and I have no other place to put it!

37456907546_3a13ae20c8_b.jpgDSC_0046 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
51e7cdfc9d032fba3795306650fb571f.jpg

Stockholm Metro

I turned out to be for a few days in Stockholm. The Stockholm metro is known for having some stations worth to take a picture of.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Well, things didn't really go as well as I had hoped.  As usual, both a blessing and a curse.  I was asked to shoot a high school sailing regatta that was being held in our area.  I would be out on one of the official's boats and would be shooting from there.  Well, apparently that was not 100% or at least it was the person's idea vs the organizer's idea...I am working on fixing that before the next regatta they are hosting.

In any case, we got some other things done and I got to spend some extra time with my wife enjoying the area and the weather.  One of the things we did was to go down to the area where the regatta was taking place and I took some photos from one of the small piers.  Certainly not as nice or exciting as I believe I would have gotten from the official's boat, but hopefully enough to convince them to work with me next time without relying on the other person.

D4, Nikon 200-400 @ 400mm, f8, 1/1600, ISO 400

Sailing-2113.jpg