Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

how to take pictures with 1 seconds intervals

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

arashn18

arashn18

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

hi guys
I've got a d60 Nikon camera.
I want to take pictures of a phenomena every 1 seconds or even less. It means that I want something to press the shutter botton and shoot automatically.
I looked up in the camera setting but i didn't find anything useful.
So I connected my camera to my PC and used some softwares such as "Cameracontrol pro 2" and "Smart shooter" and "digiCamControl". But the problem is it takes more than 2-3 seconds for them to take a picture!!!
does anyone has a suggestion for me??

Read more: how to take pictures with 1 seconds intervals | Nikonites - Nikon User Community

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
I think that you have already a number of answers in the related thread.

The total time it takes to process a picture, once the camera is ready depends on
- exposure time (shutter speed)
- processing time (if converted to JPG)
- size of the picture to save (databus transfer rate AND memory card speed)

What I will add here is
- lens auto focussing delay
- noise reduction processing

Not knowing what you want to capture it becomes difficult to give detailed advice.

What I would suggest is to choose
- short shutter speeds (if light allows)
- small JPGs (at least to start with)
- a memory card with a speed (C-number) equal or faster to the minimum recommended speed
- set focussing to manual (provided the object is always at the same distance)
- deactivate image enhancement features (f.i. Noise reduction, etc)
- work with viewfinder and not in liveview (I have experienced longer time-to-ready delays when using liveview)

As regards external controling software I would rather go for simple triggers if speed becomes an issue.