Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello and where is everyone?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ecruz

ecruz

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

New to the forums.  Was shooting Pentax DSLR for years.  Switched to Nikon a few years ago.  D7200, 18-140mm, 70-200mm 2.8 VR, SB 400, SB 700.

Wondering why there aren't more users on the forum?  I was a member of the Pentax forum and it's VERY active, with TONS of users!  I figured the Nikon forum would be as active, if not much more active.

Cheers,

Eric 

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Eric.  Have you browsed around yet?  there are a couple of exercises you may be interested in, your favorite photo of the week and the one camera, one lens exercise.  Give them a look and show us some of your photos.  Where in the US are you based?

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

I am afraid I must agree.  It has seemed quite quiet here lately.  I thought after the Labor Day weekend, things would pick up more.  I try to post here as often as I can and believe that at times, I may be uploading too many photos within a short period of time.  I am very confident that you will very much enjoy this site as there are many talented and gifted folks here who are extremely gracious in their willingness to be of help and are very generous with their time and knowledge.  Don't allow this quiet period to cause you to shy away, so feel free to comment on anything you wish, ask any questions and to upload as often as you wish.

Welcome and thanks for being here with us.

Tony

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

Pentax users have nowhere else to go. We, on the other hand have options at our disposal.

Welcome. I myself am a Pentax refugee too.

ecruz

ecruz

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

Pentax users have nowhere else to go. We, on the other hand have options at our disposal.

I was thinking that might be part of it.  There are a lot of Nikon forums out there.  Before I found this one, I was thinking that it would be nice if Adam (from Pentax Forum) would start a Nikon forum. :)

Where in the US are you based?

I'm in Michigan.  I live northwest of Detroit, work in Ann Arbor.

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Go Michigan State.  I grew up in the Lansing area, current live in AZ.

ecruz

ecruz

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

Go Michigan State.  I grew up in the Lansing area, current live in AZ.

My sister is a professor at State and my other sister's husband is in Veterinary School at State, but I have University of Michigan season football tickets.  :)