Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from PA!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Newpaths

Newpaths

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello from Central Pennsylvania. I've been shooting for about 6 years, starting with a film SLR for two rolls after reading the entire manual then moving on to a D5100 and recently upgrading to a D5600. I started shooting mostly insects and some flowers, now I've fallen in love with landscapes and started doing portrait work. I've just preordered the D850 as a venture into the world of FX. Still debating on what lens to get other than my 50mm f1.8 that I already own.
I've attached some of my recent landscape work from locally and a trip to Maine I just made. All taken with the new 10-20mm Nikon released.

Attached Thumbnails

• 35702430833_9aa60c46b3_o.jpg
  • 35470407763_5a9fea269c_o.jpg
  • 35989245141_06c3667d3a_o.jpg
  • 36354956401_fd24789c4a_o.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums!

Check what discount you can get as a package deal with the 24-120/4 or 24-70/2.8 and your new D850. These discounts are usually substantial and will make the early-adopter premium hurt less for the body.

sunshine

sunshine

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationVirginia

Welcome.  I grew up in western PA, now live in Virginia.  I really like your landscapes.  My personal taste would be for a little less color saturation, but I really like your compositions!  Where is that lighthouse?

Newpaths

Newpaths

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Welcome to the forums!
Check what discount you can get as a package deal with the 24-120/4 or 24-70/2.8 and your new D850. These discounts are usually substantial and will make the early-adopter premium hurt less for the body.

Unfortunately they are just selling the body right now. I have been leaning heavily towards purchasing a 24-70/2.8 as it seems to be a very popular choice. There are some third party lenses I have considered too.

Welcome. I grew up in western PA, now live in Virginia. I really like your landscapes. My personal taste would be for a little less color saturation, but I really like your compositions! Where is that lighthouse?

Thanks! I've been working super hard on being mindful of my composition in the last couple months since I bought the 10-20mm Nikon released. I actually don't usually play with m saturation much but I am forced to play with contrast and vibrancy. Crop sensors just don't give me the detail and dynamic range I wish I had. Thus the upcoming upgrade.
That lighthouse is Pemaquid Light In Bristol, Maine. It's amazing! My favorite lighthouse. I attached some pictures from around and inside it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 35801557633_b4a23a9427_o.jpg
  • 35762604224_82b5e88d1c_o.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

You can always ask if they can make a package deal for you. I have found that the dealer more often than not will give some discount if you ask for it and purchase more than one item.