Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

have D5300 and just order AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

i have d5300. i would like to know what to expect from it and what good way to keep protected too. since do not know what are  good Accessories and good lens bag to get for it. also what size bag should i have for it too. i do not think i have lens bag that will fit it or have one coming since got of KEH. also KEH said hood and cap only. since do not know size of it. do not want basic lens bag too. also will be using for interior photos estate photos and landscaping. now for landscaping what should i know about it. what type of landscaping will be able to use i also know can use to take good pictures of cars too. oh saved 662.95 dollars off full price since was. with your guys help it will be great thanks for all great support you guys give. and if i know anyone with nikon camera and need help i send here to look for what they need or sign up to find info want to ask if need too. 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The recommended Nikon drawstring bag is the CL-S2. With the hood reverse-mounted, the lens with rear cap is about 11x11 cm or 41/2" x 41/2" for the metrically challenged. If you want room for it without reversing the hood, the lens bag should be 11x14 cm internal. If you use a Billingham photo bag, the optimal Superflex is a 10x15 as it will hold the lens snugly.

Using a wide-angle for landscapes isn't easy as you will need something in the foreground that leads the eye to the main part of the photo. A well-executed WA landscape can give a wow-factor, though.

A 77 mm polarizer will work well on the longer end, but the sky will look strange at the wide end as you get different directions of the polarized light in different parts of that sweeping sky. If you get serious about landscape photography, a 100 mm square filter system is a good idea as graduated neutral density filters make many more interesting shots possible. Lee make one of the best systems, but they don't come cheap. The nice thing about standardizing on 100 mm filters is that you then only need one adapter ring for each lens instead of a lot of expensive filters or cumbersome step rings. The filter holders snap on to the adapters instead of threading on, so they are much faster to use than rings.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag

got this mostly for doing interior photos real estate photos and landscaping minor. since i know few people get into real estate. lens will help me out greatly and help them out too. 

what your take on this bag 

Ruggard Lens Case 3.5 x 3.5" (Black)

https://www.bhphotov...case_3_5_x.html

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

This seems like a better match for the 12-24... https://www.bhphotov...case_6_0_x.html

3.5" is too small as the lens is 82.5 mm in diameter and the hood a bit larger. The length needs to be well over 5" to avoid having to reverse the hood for storage.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag

that what i got off B&H for bag since recommend for it. so if to small might be able to return and get lager bag from B&H