Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wester Ross, Scotland

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

RossCumming

RossCumming

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland

A few images from a recent trip to the west coast of Scotland, Wester Ross.

We had rented a 3-bedroom converted church in Inveralligin for the week. Inveralligin is very small village on the northern banks of Loch Torridon and is reached by driving along a single track road for around 7 miles from Torridon village. Torridon village itself was a 12 mile single track road drive from Kinlochewe so driving this everyday took a fair amount of time. You need patience driving these roads in the holiday season in Scotland.

For anyone who has been in this area, or knows this area, the dreaded Scottish midges were feasting on us! I still bear the scars! Even through midge nets and mosquito repellent!

We planned on doing as much walking as we could during the week and managed around 50Km's. Although I had wanted to climb Beinn Alligin, a bad walk on the second day left me with rather large blisters on my heels and effectively ended any chance of doing anything with a lot of ascent/descent. So we kept to lower levels.

I will try to post more over the next few weeks to my Flickr site for anyone that may be interested in seeing more of these images.

Attached Thumbnails

• Inveralligin Shoreline Sunset170805.jpg
  • Ben Damh and Trees Sunset170805.jpg
  • Ben Damh View170808.jpg
  • Ben Damh and Loch Damh170808.jpg
  • Ben Damh Last Light170808.jpg
  • Sgurr Dubh and Loch Clair170809.jpg
  • Rocky Shoreline Mellon Udrigle170810.jpg