Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there a known hardware issue re Nikon D7000 w blurry pics?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

THEfyn

THEfyn

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi all! I've had my camera for a while and initially got frustrated with it because a lot of the shots I would take were blurred.

I have auto lens, used the presets for portrait etc and focused with the trigger but still my shots would often be out of focus. Even with a tripod and gentle triggers.

I've given up using it for photography and use it for video. I never get the out of focus issue like with general shooting. When the camera aspect works the pics are frustratingly good! It's just so inconsistent. Has there been any issues with the d7000 and lens kit? It was a Black Friday deal a few years ago.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

No issues that I know of.  It would be best if you posted an example - along with your settings for the image.  It makes it quite a bit easier for us to figure out what caused the out of focus on the image...

• Ron likes this

ophir

ophir

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi,

I also have focus issues and don't seem to get any reliable answer.

Nikon int'l send me to the local dealer.

He always blames the lens.

It got to where I bought a new camera (D7200 to replace D7000) and then the same lens twice (24-120 F4) just to make sure I am not the crazy person.

Well, I am not. The whole process set me back about 2500$.

A slew of cameras and lenses are more or less useless.

Very frustrating.

Now I shoot my nikon just for land scape.

It does focus well with flash. Don't know why.

By the way, the D7000 was good for a couple of years.

The D7200 was miss focusing from day one.

I know this issue is a problem for many Nikon users and somehow is hushed.

I guess people are ashamed to say they got F**** for thousands of $.

I bought a mirrorless Panasonic for daily use till I decide what to do.

By the way trying to send a mail to the Nikon office from their site is also a daunting task.

The site is built so you will work via your local dealer and sends you in circles

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

if you can post some pictures it would help us out. since need example to go by,.