Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Introduction

hello d7500

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

bill10385

bill10385

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello:

I recently decided to relearn photography using a DSLR.   With guidance from a friend I respect, I chose the equipment listed below.  

Nikon d7500,

1) AF-S Nikkor 35mm 1.8G,

2) AF-S Nikkor 18-140mm 3.5-5.6G AF-S,

3) Arriving thursday -  AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR

Previous equipment:  Canon AE1, Nikon Coolpix 520

Last year I took around 6000 frames at kids Lacrosse, basketball and football.  I took another 3000 frames on family vacations.  I have a lot of wonderful memories in those Coolpix snapshots but I'd like to do more.

The d7500 is both fasinating and intimidating to me.  I have already seen the potential but I am somewhat overwhelmed with the variety of settings and how to implement those settings on the camera.  The manual explains what the setting do quite well.  I haven't found the magic key for interpreting the instructions to implement many of the setting I want to use. 

Regards,

Bill

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Welcome aboard!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums!

I think you will find Nicole's Your best... minichallenge informative as we try to write how each capture was made and most of us are open to questions if you want a more detailed answer when it comes to what settings were used.

One thing that sets us apart from other photography forums is that we try not to give unsolicited critique. This means that if you want critique you will have to either post in the critique subsection or say that you want critique if you post elsewhere.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Glad to have you here, Bill! Sounds like you're set up with a great kit--hope you'll share on the forums what you're doing with it. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who are pretty excellent at answering questions as you get acquainted with your gear.

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Welcome aboard Bill, It's clear your loving it.send some pics our way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hello, d7500