Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Autofocus won't focus

autofocus focus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

nerdyging

nerdyging

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMaine

I have a Nikon D3200 and I am experiencing some trouble with focusing. When I have the camera on auto-focus, I can focus through the viewfinder for a few shots but then when I hold down the shutter button halfway after a few minutes of having the camera on, it spends a minute or so (I haven't tried to hold down any longer than that) trying to focus. It will often make it worse and become 100% out of focus and just be blurry. I then have to reboot it for the process to start all over again. It has been really frustrating, especially when I have tried taking pictures of people. I will often miss a lot of picture opportunities because of this issue.

I am in no means a professional. I take photos as a hobby more for my enjoyment, so if I am doing something wrong please tell me! Also sorry if I don't have the correct lingo. I'm just not sure if it's something I am doing or if I need to get the camera checked out. It's brand new to me (got it refurbished) and it has been doing it for almost the entire time I have had it (I've had it since January 2017).  Any tips or thoughts would be great! Thanks!

-Rachel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autofocus, focus