Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

nikon d7000 information bar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

taffey

taffey

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi can anybody help i have just bought the d7000 and when i take a pic and view there is a bar at the bottom of the screen is there any way of removing this to give full screen picture

thanks 

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi can anybody help i have just bought the d7000 and when i take a pic and view there is a bar at the bottom of the screen is there any way of removing this to give full screen picture

thanks

On the ring shape button with the ok in the center, located at the back of your camera, press the arrow up/down

If the problem is what I think, then this should help.

taffey

taffey

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi no that did not work its a black bar with the camera model number the date and it say its in raw on it 

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
I think you have to set up what options you want the up/down keys to cycle through (and picture only is not set by default).

Look through the playback menu for options.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi @taffey,

have a look at the user manual ( http://download.niko...V17/D7000_EU(En)06.pdf )

On page 165 you will see likely sample images showing the different information the camera can display and how to navigate between them.

As you got the camera very recently it might be that custom settings from the previous owner have the camera behave in an unusual way. I'd suggest to reset the camera to the factory default (see page 151 in the same manual) as a starting point.