Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does anyone have tutorials or tips for Photomatix Pro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

I recently purchased a copy of Photomatix Pro software and I am using a D7100 camera. Does anyone have any tips or advice and are there any tutorials that could be recomended?

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

Youtube will have TONS of free tutorials! Another awesome resource I like to use in Lynda.com. $25 for 30 days access and excellent lessons on just about every single subject and program you can think of!

Free Youtube video to get you started:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Yeph-tTK0Kc

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Thanks Afterimage, I looked at the Lynda.com site and it appears to offer a wide range of material. However, also noted, as you mentioned above that Youtube also offers much material. This combined with the many websites that I am finding dotted around the internet. If anything it is a bit of information overload. That is why this forum is particularly helpful, in the way it has been laid out, which I realise does not meet the tastes of everyone.

rockjedi

rockjedi

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Country Flag
Some of the photomatix presets are really good.

But I found just playing with the sliders the best way to learn. It's a great piece of software though.

Trey Ratcliff has some good pointers on his site about HDR creation.

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

My kids tell me I am so last year, so it is no surprise that I have never heard of Trey Ratcliff, however, I have just looked at his website and have had a melt down mental overload. So much information, brilliant. For those of you who are as sad as me and have never heard of 'Trey Ratcliff' here is the link to his site

http://www.stuckincu...m/hdr-tutorial/