Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BIF with the new gear

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

I think i may set the lens on the faster focusing mode although i read it can make it less accurate

DSC_1174.jpg

DSC_1191.jpg

DSC_1214.jpg

DSC_1204.jpg

DSC_1229.jpg

DSC_1230.jpg

DSC_1074.jpg

DSC_1076.jpg

DSC_1077.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Wow! Looks like you're getting great results from that Sigma. Nice work. I haven't tried Sigma yet--might have to though!

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag

Wow! Looks like you're getting great results from that Sigma. Nice work. I haven't tried Sigma yet--might have to though!

Thanks,the problem ime having is getting results i want from the Nikon raw files,i was ok with the Nikons in the past but have had a year on Panasonic files.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

What are you using for post processing?

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag

I have the Adobe CC but ime guilty of not understanding LR so use Camera Raw and photoshop.i started with Elements in the early days and just stayed with it.

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
While the interface is ugly, you'll get better raw conversion from Capture NX-D. You'll also be able to apply in-camera settings and use the same tone/sharpening algorithms.

If I need more (masks, compositing, etc.) I'll correct what I can, crop, and export to TIFF and work with that in ither apps.

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag

While the interface is ugly, you'll get better raw conversion from Capture NX-D. You'll also be able to apply in-camera settings and use the same tone/sharpening algorithms.

If I need more (masks, compositing, etc.) I'll correct what I can, crop, and export to TIFF and work with that in ither apps.

Thanks will look at that,its not that different to what i do,i download into view nx as it shows my camera jpeg settings, if ime not happy with what i see i will export and  open the raw file in ACR.