Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

(pet) portraiture lenses

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Siiets

Siiets

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi all,

Since a while I'm trying to figure out what lenses are best for me to use. I do a lot of pet photography and portraiture (people and/or pets), and for now I only have the 18-200 AF-S DX NIKKOR

18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G, and the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G.

So I think it's time for me to get a prime lens, of maybe a 'smaller' zoom lens!

I am thinking about the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm F1.8G lens. Is this a good lens for portraiture, of do you recommend something like a 50mm? 

Also, I was looking at a 'smaller' zoom lens, like the 18-55. Is also a good option, or am I buying the smaller version of my 18-200 and are the options with this camera as good as the same as when I set my 18-200 between 18 and 55? 

Please let me know if I'm looking in the right direction, and if you have total different recommendations, let me hear it!