Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D750 secondary slot burning up my SD card

d750 cardslot sd card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TN_Buckeye

TN_Buckeye

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

New to the forum. did a quick search. could find thread addressing this:

I have a D750 with many miles. Last weekend, our second shooter was burning up SD cards as soon as she was putting them in. literally, burning up cards. As soon as you pulled the card out, you couldn't handle it, because it was so hot, it would burn your fingers. I got her to only use the primary card slot (no backup), and it went fine, but we need to get this fixed, of course. 

This had never happened before, but as soon as she started using it last weekend, the problem started, so it wasn't overworked/overheated. hadn't been sitting in sunlight, etc. She was not shooting any video, and the 2nd slot was only being used as backup.

Have any of you heard of this before, because it has never happened to us with any camera in 7 years of photography. I couldn't find anything on the Google machine, so it leads me to believe that this is pretty rare. I will be taking it in for service, but if it is something a hard reset can fix, it will keep us from being without this camera too long during busy season.

I am thinking it could be a short of some sort. maybe the body got dropped. I don't know - just looking for anyone who may have had this happen to them or has heard of it before. 

Thank you in advance for your feedback. Cheers!

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

I have not experienced that problem with my 750, sounds rare.

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

I have not experienced that problem with my 750, sounds rare.

Me too. Definitely needs professional fixing methinks.

TN_Buckeye

TN_Buckeye

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks, for responding deano and Russ. Fortunately, at 11 months old, there is another month on the warranty, so we are sending it in for repair. I just thought I would roll the dice and see if it had happened to anyone else before.

wildwilli

wildwilli

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag

The SD Cards are mounted on the Imaging Processing PCB.  After lots of use and I'm sure there have been bumps and bangs through all the use there is a good chance something is shorted on the mount.  It could be an expensive repair if the PCB needs to be replaced and reprogramed.  On the other hand it could be just a quick soldering repair.  You can either just use the one slot or send it in for an estimate.  Remember no more Nikon Authorized Repair Centers except for Nikon itself as of the 31st of this month.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d750, cardslot, sd, card