Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Humidity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

csgaraglino

csgaraglino

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag
I just moved from Colorado (very dry & low humidity) to Tampa Florida and the humidity here is pretty hight. With temps in the upper 90's and the A/C running full blast, as soon as I walk outside with a camera, all the glass fogs up - not cool!

Now I'm looking for suggestions and best practices on how to best deal with the humid climate!

nikdood17

nikdood17

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Country Flag

When I lived in cold, wet climes (I retreated to the desert so don't have that problem now) they said you should walk out of the house backwards with the camera under your parka. Now I am sure you don't wear a parka these days but maybe under your tee shirt??? You probably need to stock up on those little packets that draw moisture out of the air and put them in your camera bag. Good luck.

nikdood17

nikdood17

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Country Flag

My alternate idea is to buy a film Nikon body and lens (a film camera should be very cheap) and keep it in your car or someplace that will expose it to the humid weather. That way you're not taking it out of your air conditioned home.

I recommend a Nikkormat or a Nikon N2000. The latter takes AAA batteries that last for years. I use an N2000 as the camera I always leave in my car trunk even when the temp gets to 125. Not a sophisticated camera but rugged. I used to use my Nikkormat  when I needed to go out and take photos during dust- and sandstorms in Arizona. I'd leave my high tech cameras in the trunk and use the Nikkormat. Goo luck.