Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Google Nik Collection Abandonware

google nik nik collection plugin photoshop lightroom abandonware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

It's official. Google has cut the Nik Collection loose. There will be no further updates to this software. It's still available for download and still free. It works with Photoshop CC 2015 and lower. If you're running Photoshop CC 2017 it's no longer compatible.

Details here.

--Ron

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
But they do run on their own.
  • Ron likes this

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The problem will be in brushing in the filter effects. This will have to be done by blending layers instead of the convenient integration. It can still be done, but it will be much more time consuming. I am still on 2015.5, so I don't know to what extent the integration will be broken under 2017.

• Ron likes this

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

There's been no elaboration from Google... at least none that I've seen. Just that Photoshop CC 2017 apparently breaks the Nik plugs. I'm running Photoshop CC 2017 but I don't use Nik plugs in it. They do still run in Lightroom though. At least the last time I checked.

--Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google, nik, nik collection, plugin, photoshop, lightroom, abandonware