Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D3300 DSLR camera

description

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Niknew52

Niknew52

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

ebay shows the description as APS-C CMOS DX format sensor in the heading but when you go to full detail of the camera it says CMOS DX format sensor only, the question is why the heading and full description  not the same, is this a gimmick? give your views.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It is written that way so even Canon shooters find the ad. Canon's small sensor is the APS-C format, a small-sensor Nikon is DX. The heading is usually loaded with popular search terms in many ebay listings.

Niknew52

Niknew52

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Why using APS-C CMOS sensor in the ad  if really not a true APS-C CMOS is used.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Because they are functionally so similar? I don't know, but it is not unusual to see both terms in the same heading to drive more traffic for the listing (or something like that).

Niknew52

Niknew52

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

The vendor is wrong. Why using such claim but it is not true. Why Nikon allow this gimmick that will destroy its reputation. 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Listing loading is a part of eBay. It just is.

erfanelahi

erfanelahi

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi there,

I just bought a D3300 2 weeks ago. I was using a 16 GB SD. Yesterday, I tried a 200 GB SD, it did read, saved photos as I shot some. Official says it supports upto 64 GB. But how is it possibly reads a 200 GB SD as well? Or it might corrupt if continue to use?

Thanks,

Erfan

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I try to limit my cards to no more than 32GB for my FX camera and 16GB for my DX camera. I've rarely run out of space even when shooting RAW and even then I just pop another card in the camera and keep on shooting. I know that others here use larger cards but I prefer not to.

Your 200GB card might work fine or it might crap out and take all your stuff with it. If you dump your photos to your computer after every shoot or at least every day, you might be OK.

--Ron

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Accessing "files" on a storage media (incl. SD cards) is based on file attribution tables (FAT) giving the address of the first block of your file, which also contains the address of the second block and so on (with the understanding that files are stored in multiple but not a continued series of blocks). Therefore the possibility of supporting large® media is based on the fact that the filesystem used by the camera (or computer) allows for an address large enough to address files/blocks on the higher capacity of your media.

While this may sound complex, it means that the card may work up to a certain load capacity (which can be different from the max (200GB) capacity). It MAY also mean that the addressing system would support all possible addresses on your 200GB card.

In general, while it may work, you are better off to take account of the indications given by Nikon, even if it might be possible that different/larger capacities work.
  • Ron likes this

Wayben

Wayben

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationIowa

Site Supporter

I tend to use lower capacity cards just so if a card fails, I loose less data.  I would rather change out cards more often than take the chance of loosing everything.  Just me, YMMV.