Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is this?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jonramsdell

jonramsdell

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

I recently found a Nikon cap, and I'd like to find out what it goes to.  The cap is soft black plastic. On the front side, it says EE.  On the inside, it says Nikon.  The OD is 1.075 and the ID is .900.  The cap is .300 thick.  Any ideas as to what it goes to?  It sort of looks like a cap to a microscope, but it was found in a picnic area in a state park.  Photos of the cap are attached (can't figure out how to embed them in this forum).  Thanks in advance.  Jon

Attached Thumbnails

• P1020581.JPG
  • P1020582.JPG

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

Looks like it bayonets on, or is that a screw thread? Why would they put the name on the (presumably) inside? Could it be for something like a gun sight or a monocular?

ecruz

ecruz

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a pair of Nikon binoculars and that looks like the "cover" that goes inside the eyepiece.  Notice the little "lips" at 12:00 & 6:00 in the pic, those are to grip with the end of your finger and pull the cover out of the eyepiece.